Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 53, Aix en Provence


Our ami, Wayne
Bonjour,

This week I hit my year mark. A year ago from Thursday I left Oregon and started my mission. It has been a really great year and I am looking forward to another great year to come. A year ago I only knew a few words in French but now I know a few more. I weighted myself and I have gained 0.04 lbs. I guess the French food is just not doing it. I am probably a lot taller though. I have met some really great people here that have changed my life and I hope I have been a good influence on some other people's lives as well. 
This week we got back from our little vacation in Nice and Saint Raphael and went back to work. We have been meeting a lot with our amis Joel and Wayne. They are both doing well. Wayne is one of my favorite people. He is so cool and loves the gospel. He wanted us to buy the apartment next to his in Rogne so I took some pictures of the place just in case. It takes a bit of a bus ride to get to Rogne to teach Wayne but it is worth it. We also have a retired man in the ward, who lives in la Roque, come and help us teach Wayne. We visited a really nice family this week, the Labeyries. They are a very nice family and after our lesson they made us crepes. They were really good. We talked to them about their family and it was fun because they are very French and have lived in this area for a long time. They know and do all the traditions from the area.  
 
 
I did an exchange this week with my old companion, Elder Dover, who is on the last week of his mission! I have been around him almost all of my mission so it is a little crazy that he is going home.
 
There is a member who stoped coming to church a little bit before I got to Aix and we visited him a lot but then he said he did not want to see us again. This was hard but then this week he called me and invited us over. We were able to talk with him for a long time and it was great. 
 
Miracle of the Week:
On Saturday there was a baptism in our ward for a lady named Sr. Blondel. Her husband met the other missionaries a little more than a month ago and the two of them started coming to church and meeting with the missionaries. The husband said he was not ready to be baptized but the wife said she was so they when they had the baptism everyone was asking the husband when he was going to be baptised and he said I dont know. Then the next day Fr. Blondel said that he wants to be baptised in two weeks. They had the confirmation for Sr. Blondel on Sunday. 
 
On Saturday we went knocking on doors. This is one of the few times I have done this on my mission but it was actually a lot of fun. We went to this one house and a man answered and invited us in. He is Jewish and we talked to him and his wife and daughter for about an hour. It was really fun to talk to them about all sorts of things including their religion. I think the Jewish religion is really interesting and after this week I am even more interested. 
 
I hope you all have a great week. 
 
Elder Bake
Elder Dover and Elder Whiting: The Texians

Fr. Rodrigez

Nicolas Pichon

 

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment