Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 101 Antibes, France

Bonjour!

Well I guess this is it then my last week in the mission field! This
has really snuck up on me and it has not quite hit me yet that I am
actually going home! I have not really been telling anyone but
yesterday I desired to break the news. I told the Dufoys and most of
the members. I would say this is my last week and they would say where
are you going next and I would say home!

This week we did a lot of
great things and it went by very fast. We played tennis at the Perez's
place again which was fun. Elder Hurst is not as good as Elder Orr so
it was not too hard to best him. I also saw Pierre which will be the
last time because he is going to Sete this week. He took a Book of
Mormon to give to his mom and sister so that was great! He has also
committed to reading and praying about it. We are planning on staying
in contact so that will be fun.

Miracles of the week - on Wednesday night we had about 20 Elders stay
in our apartment for the night for a conference in Nice the next day. Fitting 20 Elders into one apartment is a miracle.

I was able to talk to Elders Shaw and Whiting who are both in
Montpillier now. It was really great to see them again. I found out
from them that David, who was a boy I saw a lot when I was in
Montpillier, is now on a mission! I was so exited to hear this   I
was really hoping he would but things were not really looking like he
would. I know that his mom is so happy about this too.

The other miracle began when I was serving with Elder Whiting in Aix.
One day a man came into the church when we happened to be there and told us
that his girlfriend is a member of this church and he wants to know
more about it. We taught him a really great lesson. Elder Whiting
remembers it as being the best lesson he has taught on his mission. We
did not get any contact info from him and he was returning home to
South America the next day but then we miraculously saw him on the bus
the next day on his way home and Elder Whiting got his email. He
emailed Elder Whiting a few weeks ago to tell him that he is now a
member of the church and is preparing to go to the temple. Yay

Thursday we had our mission conference which was very good. We
learned about overcoming opposition and teaching families! After the
conference we all took a bus and a tram and walked a long way to the
top of a hill on the other side of Nice. I had been there before on a
zone p day and it was a great view of Nice. When we got there all of
the missionaries leaving this transfer bore there testimonies. I was
one of them! It was a very spiritual experience.

Bonus miracle of the week- on Sunday Anthony bore his testimony about
his pathway to the church. He talked about how he felt something
special when he first walked into the church and all the great
experiences along the way. It was very touching when he talked about
how he was reading the Book of Mormon one day and felt the spirit very
strongly telling him that it was true. He explained that this led to a
knowledge that the Church of Jesus Christ really was restored on the
earth. It was very touching for me to hear this. I was translating for
a visitor and it was hard because I was getting all choked up. I am
very happy that I was able to see Anthony's progress the last few
months and the difference that I can see in his life with the gospel.

He is so happy now!

We'll have a great week and see you all soon!!!

Love

Frère bake


Fun French fact of the week
Nice is nice. And it used to be part of Italy along with Cannes,
Antibes and Saint Raphael. The border used to be in Toulon.



No comments:

Post a Comment